TAHS English Institute Application Requirement
The Academy at Harvard Square English Institute (TAHS EI) welcomes all the students age 18 and older who are passionate about studying English.
Please submit the completed the Application Form. Once we receive the application form, we will contact you and provide the necessary guidance throughout the application process. When the application process completes, the Admissions Manager of TAHS EI will send you the Acceptance Letter via e-mail and post mail.
- Financial Documents: In order for the International Student Advisor to create the application for Student Exchange Visitor Information System (SEVIS), you need to provide accurate information in the Application Form page 7, and the financial certification and/or Affidavit of Financial Support. Financial certification or Affidavit of Support have to include bank statement which proves the minimum fund (marked on the application form page 7) is payable. Remember, the financial certification is also needed for your visa interview, so it has to be complete and correct. When you send the financial documents, please also pay $150 to TAHS EI Registrar for the registration fee.
- I-20 Release: once your financial document is submitted, the international student advisor will send you the electronic copy of I-20 through email, and send you the printed version of I-20 with the signature through international express mail (it costs about $100). When you receive the I-20 through email, you should pay SEVIS fee (please read SEVIS Fee Information for detailed instruction), and schedule a visa interview with U.S. consulate or embassy in your country.
You should make an appointment for visa interview as soon as possible after getting the printed Form I-20 and paying the SEVIS fee. You must bring the following documents:
- Form I-20 issued from TAHS English Institute
- Printed Form DS-160, “Online Nonimmigrant Visa Application,” confirmation page
- Passport valid for at least six months after you plan to enter the United States
- Two-inch by two-inch photo of yourself
- Receipt for your $160 visa application fee payment (print from online)
- Receipt for your I-901 SEVIS fee payment (print from online)
For the detailed information about visa interview, please read how to prepare for visa interview
Coming to U.S. airport and TAHS EI
When you are coming into the U.S. through airport, you must bring following documents
- Your passport valid for at least six months beyond the date of your expected stay
- SEVIS Form I-20
- Evidence of financial resources
- Acceptance letter from TAHS EI
- Paper receipt for the SEVIS fee, Form I-797
- Name and contact information for your Designated School Official (DSO) at The Academy at Harvard Square. The current DSO at TAHS EI is Brian Kim, and you can contact him by calling 617-949-1118 (24/7)
Please note that you can enter the U.S. with the student visa and I-20 WITHIN 30 DAYS BEFORE the program start date. Also remember to report your presence to the international student advisor as soon as you arrive at TAHS with all the documents above.
30 J.F.K Street, 3rd Floor
Cambridge, MA 02138
6 Manassas Ave, 2nd Floor
Cambridge, MA 02138
Monday - Friday: 10AM-6:30PM